| To sign up for programs/services: 610-664-2366
- Please note that New Horizons will be closed on Tuesday, May 19 for Election Day and Monday, May 26 for Memorial Day.
- Creative Health Therapy: Make your Own Personal Care Products. May 5, 12:45 with John Muraco. Most cleaning and self-care products are loaded with harmful chemicals. Make your own products using basic, inexpensive and all natural ingredients! $3/materials fee.
- Nutrition Class: Healthy Kitchens = Healthy Lives, Mondays at 9:15am.This FREE spring Nutrition course will take a look at choices to make in your own kitchen to begin and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Intro to QiGong with Alisa Phillips, Weds. May 6 at 12:30 PM.
Slow movement meditation for exercise, relaxation and self-healing.
- Current Events discussion with State Senator Daylin Leach, Thursday, May 7 at 9:30am. In this special edition of our monthly Current Events discussion, State Senator Leach himself joins us and leads the talk over coffee and donuts.
- Ask the Doctor Series: Dr. Randall Russell, site chief of Lankenau's Wound Healing Center; Tues, May 12 at 12:30pm. Dr. Randall will discuss how to maximize your ambulatory potential with age. Learn the proper footwear to have, how to care for varicose veins, and so much more!
- Author Series: "Live Your Legacy Now!" with author, speaker, and coach Barbara Shaiman, Weds. May 13 at 12:30PM . In this workshop Barbara Shaiman will provide you with the tools you need to find meaningful projects at any age. Find your passion and change the world!
- Nature Drawing with Alisa Phillips, Fri. May 15 at 12:30PM. Simple nature drawing lessons using pencil, pen, watercolor and charcoal.
- History Lecture: A review of 'Ike's Bluff' by Evan Thomas with local historian Robert Bond, Weds. May 20 at 12:30PM. Discuss Eisenhower's foreign policy, including the Cold War, relations with the Soviet Union, the nuclear arms race, the Space Race, and the Suez Canal.
- AARP Driver's Safety Refresher Course, Fri, May 22 9:30 - 2pm. This refresher course is for drivers over 50 that have completed the full 8-hour course at some point in the past. Learn how to operate your car more safely and adjustments to make for age-related changes in vision, hearing and reaction time. Many insurance companies offer a discount to participants - check with your insurance company! Lunch included. $17/AARP members or $22/non-AARP members
- Low-Cost Wills with the Hon. Kathleen Valentine, Tues. May 26 by appointment. Make your private appointment for this invaluable service and make sure your life's wishes are clearly outlined! $35/members, $50/non-members
- Meditation Workshop, Weds. May 27 at 12:30 PM. Decrease Stress and access the healing power within. Led by Joanna Carmichael, founder of Narberth's Kalyana Center.
For a detailed listing of May's
programs, click "View the Calendar" on
the left hand side of the page.